Need that chiseled body at home? Well, then you need a power rack for weightlifting at home so that you can easily lift weights. At the gym, lifting weights is easier.
There is a reduced risk of injuries as there are trainers who keep an eye on you. At home, lifting can be risky because you are lifting on your own. Also, there is a lack of safety equipment.
What a Power Rack really is?
A power rack is a piece of common gym equipment that allows you to perform weightlifting exercises with a barbell.
It is basically a heavy-duty metal frame that is used to lift weights. You can stand or use a bench while weightlifting with a power rack.
Purpose of a Power Rack:
A Power Rack is designed to ensure the safety of the weightlifter. A bunch of metal bars are adjusted into the rack.
During weightlifting, if a certain weight is too heavy for you, you can let it go and the bar clasps the barbell. This way, you remain protected.
Having a power rack at home gives you the liberty of performing various weight lifting exercises without going to the gym and worrying about unforeseen injuries.
Looking for something else? Check these out:
Budget Power Racks:
Usually, power racks can be expensive. But you can easily find a heavy-duty power rack within the range of $350-$800. Depending upon the budget, the most suitable power rack can be bought.
Got a limited budget? Well, no worries. We have got you covered!
Now, its time to have a look at the Best Budget Power/Squat Racks in 2020.
The first power rack that we have is known for its versatility. It allows the weightlifter to perform a huge variety of exercises. Decent weight capacity, spacious walk in space, and height adjustability makes this power rack one of its kind.
It even comes with a bench, so you can perform various exercises using that. The great thing is that it is very stable. It doesn’t move or wiggle while you are weightlifting. It can be put together pretty easily as well.
We highly recommend it because it is a perfect combination of versatility and convenience.
- Product Dimensions: 50.5 x 46.5 x 83.5 inches
- Item Weight: 133 pounds
- Height adjustability: The power rack can be adjusted to 19 different height levels.
- Bench: It comes with a bench that has a backrest as well.
- Versatility: The cage of this power rack is versatile and allows you to perform a variety of exercises such as squats, shrugs, inclines, and others.
Safety, stability and multi-functionality give rise to this heavy-duty HulkFit 1000-pound power rack. This power rack allows you to carry out intense weightlifting workouts safely at home.
With a spacious walk-in space, you can comfortably weight lift. Also, you can weight lift confidently because it has rubber feet. So, it is quite stable. A lot of the people fear that the feet of the power rack will ruin their floors. However, the rubber feet of this power rack will not only protect you but will also protect your floor.
It definitely deserves all the praises because of its high-performance and affordable price!
- Product Dimensions: 81 x 44 x 47 inches
- Item Weight: 165 pounds
- Material: This power rack is constructed with premium quality gauge steel. Hence, it is heavy-duty.
- Multi-grip: The front of the power rack consists of multi-grip bars that allow the users to practice and perform various exercises.
- Rubber feet: It comes with a pretty spacious walking space and the rubber feet ensure stability.
Sunny Health and Fitness is a known brand when it comes to exercise equipment. This power rack by Sunny Health and Fitness is also pretty amazing for two reasons. One, that it is super affordable as compared to the other power racks available. Secondly, it is great for home use and for beginners.
The frame of this power rack is super sturdy and durable. It is built to survive for a long period of time. The coolest feature of this power rack is the Olympic plate storage. You can easily safely the plates that you are not using.
All those ladies and gents that intend to invest in an affordable and smaller power rack, should definitely give this one a try.
- Product Dimensions: 38 x 53 x 87 inches
- Item Weight: 83 pounds
- Adjustable points: This power rack has 18 different adjustable height levels.
- Olympic plate storage: The plate storage allows you to store the plates that you are not using.
- Band points: It comes with 6 band points as well.
- Strong frame: Since the frame is made with high-quality materials, it is quite sturdy and strong.
Next up, we have the Titan fitness power rack. Its sturdy construction, easy assembly and multi-functionality speak volumes about its performance. Since it is made heavy-duty steel, it will last for quite a while.
It is great for home use because it is smaller in size as compared to the standard power racks and does not occupy as much space. If you have some space in your basement, or if you have equipment corner in your apartment, then this power rack is a perfect option for you!
All those people, who don’t want to invest in a full-size power rack should get their hands on this one.
- Product Dimensions: 71 x 44 x 24 inches
- Item Weight: 123 pounds
- Quick set up: This TITAN power rack does not have any complex pieces that may take time to assemble. It can be assembled pretty easily.
- Strong steel construction: Since the quality of steel used in its making is high, it is durable and sturdy.
- Versatile: It gives you the opportunity to perform and practice a variety of different exercises.
The fifth power rack that we have on our list is also by HulkFit. It has a decent weight capacity, and is built with gauge steel. Hence, it is quite durable.
It is a great option for home use because you can easily use it at your home. Without compromising your living space!
You can even store your weights and barbells on it easily. Another plus point of this power rack is that you don’t have to put in too much effort to put it together.
We highly recommend it because it will allow you to weightlift safely, in the comfort of your home.
- Product Dimensions: 85 x 49 x 49 inches
- Item Weight: 120 pounds
- Material: Gauge steel is used in the construction of this power rack. This is why it is durable and sturdy.
- Multi-grip bars: It comes with pull up multi-grip bars that you can use for resistance and body training.
- Storage: It gives you space and allows you to safely store weights and plates.
If you are cool with expanding your budget just a little bit then this Body Power, power rack is a great equipment for your home. It is versatile and comes with some accessories that will allow you to practice and perform a wide range of exercises.
It is designed while keeping in view heavy weights. That is why, it is much stronger and more durable. It comes with safety catches and safety bars that keep you safe during exercises.
While weightlifting, having strong safety catches is essential. Well, with this power rack, you definitely get strong safety catches and you can exercise with confidence and without any worry.
- Product Dimensions: 63 x 45 x 85 inches
- Item Weight: 97.44 pounds
- Strong frame: This power rack has a strong walk-in frame that gives the users enough space to perform a variety of exercises.
- Safety attachments: It comes with safety attachments as well. So, you are able to perform exercises without any worries.
- Built-in anchors: The built-in anchors ensure the safety of the users.
Here we have another affordable power rack for you all. You will certainly not have to empty your pockets to be able to buy this power rack. This power rack is pretty easy to assemble. No complex tools are needed to put it together.
The cool thing about this power rack is its adjustability. You can adjust the height levels according to your need. It is a product that will leave you impressed because of its high-quality and high-performance. You will certainly not be disappointed by investing into this power rack.
Get this power rack and get the gains!
- Product Dimensions: 78 x 12 x 9.4 inches
- Item Weight: 145 pounds
- Material: It is constructed with gauge steel and is quite heavy-duty.
- Safety attachments: It comes with safety attachments and they can be adjusted according to your need.
- Spacious: It gives you a large walk-in space so you don’t have to compromise your workouts.
Once you get this power rack, you will be tempted to workout as much as you can to get those chiseled muscles. This is because, it is a heavy-duty power rack! It has a variety of features that will want you to train more and more.
It has an astonishing weight capacity in comparison with other power racks. The feature that must be praised is the adjustability of this power rack. It can be adjusted according to the need of the user.
Although, it might not be really good for small spaces, it is a good investment to achieve the dreamed body.
- Product Dimensions: 86 x 25 x 86 inches
- Item Weight: 301 pounds
- Weight capacity: It has a weight capacity of 1500 pounds which is much more than other power racks.
- Adjustable handles: The handles can be adjusted according to the need.
- Bonus safety bars: To ensure the safety of the user, it comes with bonus safety bars.
The second last power rack on our list is the Body Flex Sports power rack. It ensures high-performance and give you the convenience that you need. Bars, plates and weights can be easily stored on it.
The fours anchors of this power rack make sure that it remains stable. It also allows you to customize your workouts depending upon the need of your body.
Above all, it is a convenient equipment that can be used at home safely.
- Product Dimensions: 42 x 82 x 62 inches
- Item Weight: 63.5 pounds
- Solid frame: The frame of this rack is super strong and will last for a while.
- Versatile: It allows you to perform a variety of exercises.
- Stable: The anchors keep it stable so it protects you from injury.
- Storage: You can keep your weights and plates, safe and secure because this power rack has storage space as well.
All those people who are looking for an affordable power rack should definitely try this one out! It is one of the most affordable options of power racks that you will find.
This power rack is compatible with standard barbells and also with the Olympic barbells. It even comes with tools that you can use to assemble it. It also enables height adjustment according to your need.
We highly recommend it for home use because of its affordable price and compact size.
- Product Dimensions: 77 x 13 x 9 inches
- Item Weight: 105 pounds
- Height adjustments: This power rack allows height adjustments.
- Rubber pads: The rubber pads ensure stability and they also protect the floor.
- Decent weight capacity: The weight capacity of this power rack is decent.
Top 7 Benefits of Power Racks:
Elimination of Accidents and Dangers
Power racks are amazing because they keep you safe while you lift weights. The power rack catches the barbell when it is difficult for you to handle it. This way, you remain protected from any injuries and accidents.
Ability to Lift more Weight
At home, it is not possible to lift weights because of the lack of safety equipment.
But having a power rack at home will allow you to lift more weights at home. You will not have to skip weight lifting at the home gym.
Numerous Exercises can be Performed
Power racks are versatile. You are not only restricted to weight lifting exercises but you can also perform pull-up exercises with most of the power racks.
Specific Muscles can be Targeted
Since power racks allow you to perform a variety of exercises, you can use them to target specific muscles.
Strengthening exercises can also be performed.
No Need to go to the Gyms
The power racks hold you back from relying on gyms. If you intend to weight-lift then you can do it home without going to the gym.
Easily Fit in the Home Gyms
Most of the budget-friendly power racks are compact in size and are not as bulky. Hence, they fit in most of the home gyms.
Even if you have a corner in a basement, it can end up being a perfect spot for weightlifting.
Less Worry and More Confidence!
The biggest benefit of a power rack is that you can get the gains with confidence. You can work out without any worries about getting injured. Since it protects you, you get peace of mind.
Due to this, you are able to expand your weightlifting skills and you can experiment with your training as well.
Best Power Rack Exercises:
As we mentioned earlier, a power rack allows you to perform a variety of exercises. However, the most common power rack exercise is the “squat”.
Top 5 Best Power Rack Exercises:
Squat is basically a lower body exercise. It tones your lower body and strengthens your muscles as well.
However, a squat is all about technique. So, before you start squatting on a power rack. Try and practice squats without weight so that you get the hang of it.
After that, you can move on to squatting on a power rack. Adjust the horizontal bars on the power rack according to your height and comfort. You must be able to easily reach the bars because that is where you will lift the barbell.
Once you lift the barbell you can follow the squatting technique. You can leave the barbell when you feel like and the power rack will catch the barbell.
Keep on practicing and you will be all set to get those gains!
There are other exercises as well, these include bench press, rack pull, inverted row, barbell shrug and others.
How To Buy Best Budget Power Rack:
The power racks are usually expensive. Especially the heavy-duty ones. Their price can start from $800 and can go up high depending upon the features and functioning of the power rack.
However, there are affordable ones too. They start at $300. So, depending upon your budget, you can look for a power rack that is suitable for your need.
Just like the price, the sizes of the power racks vary as well. Some are way too big and bulky and then there are some that are compact. So, find out how much space you have and then pick out a power rack.
One of the most important consideration is the safety attachments. Make sure that your power rack comes with safety attachments and keeps you safe while you work out.
It is not rare to see power racks wiggling and wobbling. But we don’t want that!
To protect yourself from injuries and accidents, you need rubber feet or anchors. The rubber feet and anchors ensure the stability of the power rack.
The power racks must be easy to assemble. The sides of the frame should be aligned and putting the screws must be easy as well.
You certainly don’t want to deal with complex assembly.
The height levels must be adjustable according to the comfort level of the user. For different exercises, the height levels must be adjustable as well. Also, make sure that you get a power rack that is suitable for your height.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you dead lift with a power rack?
Yes, a power rack is very versatile and it is specifically built for weightlifting. So, you can certainly deadlift with a power rack safely.
Most of the power racks come with storage space too where you can store the plates and weights.
In short, a power rack in an open playground. You can lift weights whatever way you want.
How tall should the power rack be?
The ideal height of a power rack is 7 feet. This is because it will be good enough to accommodate tall people as well.
There are times when people find it difficult to use power racks because they are not tall enough for them.
Some of the power racks even allow height adjustability. So, if you are someone who is looking for a specific then try to get a power rack whose height can be adjusted.
How much does a power rack weight?
The average weight of a power rack is 133 pounds. However, it may start from 120 pounds and go even higher than 160 pounds.
It mostly depends upon the model, size and functioning of the power rack.
Some power racks that come with more accessories are even more heavy.
Can a power rack be kept outside?
Yes, it is possible to keep power rack outside. But there is a chance of rusting because of the weather conditions.
Even though power racks have powder coating and protective layers but even then, the weather conditions can cause them to wear off.
Water and moisture in the environment can cause rusting. So, it is better to keep the power racks inside.
However, you can work out outside and then bring the power rack back in when you are done.
In this article, we came up with crisp information relating to power racks. Along with that, we have a list of best budget power racks. It will help you think rationally and pick out the best power rack that suits your need.
You don’t have to skip weightlifting if you cannot go the gym. All you need is a power rack and we have picked out the budget friendly ones for you.
You can compare and contrast. Pick out the most suitable one and say yes to gains!
No more slacking, start weightlifting!