When you have a treadmill at home, you will not miss out on your daily intense run or a relaxing walk because you don’t have to worry about what is happening outside.
With a treadmill workout regime, you will not only stay fit and active, your blood circulation will be improved and your heart will also be strengthened due to the lowering of blood pressure. So, no matter what the weather is, get set go!
There are so many treadmills available and when you intend to buy one, the process of decision making can be very overwhelming. For your ease, we have compiled the top 10 best budget treadmills under $500.
Without any further delay, let’s have a look at the best budget treadmills under $500.
First up, we have the Welsco folding treadmill. This is suitable for all those people who have less space in their house and want to get a treadmill that occupies less space.
It comes with various technologically advanced features that include the iFit technology. The iFit technology offers various personalized workout that you can follow to achieve the desired shape or fitness.
Along with that, it has SpaceSaving technology that allows you to have enough living space while being in shape too. Since this treadmill ensures the convenience of the user, we highly recommend it!
- Product Dimensions: 64.5 x 29 x 55.5 inches
- Item Weight: 118 pounds
- 16” and 50” Tread belt: The breadth of the treadmill is pretty comfortable for exercise. With this tread belt, you will not run out of room for exercise.
- Comfort cell cushioning technology: This technology provides support to your joints and prevents pain.
- Space saver design: Since it is a foldable machine, it prevents the machine from occupying a lot of space and also keeps the clutter out of the way.
Need a treadmill that offers a variety of workouts? If yes, then you have definitely stopped at the right place.
The XTERRA fitness treadmill is amazing because it has a large space for exercise, has a decent speed range, and offers twelve preset programs that the users can use for their daily workouts.
Also, it is foldable, so you can easily store it in the desired space. No more clutter in your living space!
- Product Dimensions: 63.4 x 28.8 x 51.4
- Item Weight: 108 pounds
- Adjustable incline: This treadmill has three manual incline settings.
- Powerful motor: It is great for cardio because it has a powerful motor and you can adjust the speed according to your need.
- Impact absorption: XTRASoft deck cushioning provides cushioning for maximum impact absorption.
- Fold up design: The treadmill can be easily folded when you are done exercising
Exerpeutic fitness electric treadmill has a decent horsepower high-torque motor. Its speed can be adjusted according to the need.
It also has a wide treadmill belt that makes sure that the users are able to exercise comfortably. Also, to ensure the safety of the users, it has extra-long safety handles that the user can hold onto during exercise.
It has a tremendous weight capacity so people who are heavier can use it as well. Lastly, this electric treadmill is foldable. You will not have any clutter in your living space because it is foldable.
Due to its ultra-high capacity and durability, we recommend it to all those people who want to stay fit and active. Just keep in mind that it is not great for cardio.
- Product Dimensions: 60 x 36 x 15 inches
- Item Weight: 142 pounds
- Wide treadmill belt: The belt size is 40” x 20” which is great for comfortable exercise. People who are heavier and taller can exercise with it too.
- Safety handles: It has extra-long safety handles to prevent users from accidents.
- LCD display console: The LCD display provides you with real-time information.
This treadmill by sunny health & fitness provides you greater control over the machine. You can adjust the incline levels manually according to your need.
The handrail controls give you maximum control over the speed of the treadmill. You can also control the start and stop with the hand rails. It comes with nine different workout programs.
Lastly, the LCD display gives you real-time info related to speed, calories that are burned, and pulse.
- Product Dimensions: 62 x 25.5 x 50 inches
- Item Weight: 103 pounds
- Digital monitor/LCD: It has manual mode options, safety lock function, and power-saving functions as well.
- Soft-drop system: The soft drop system allows hassle-free unfolding. Also, it comes with built-in wheels so that you can easily relocate the treadmill.
- Manual incline levels: This treadmill has three incline levels that you can adjust manually.
Then we have the GoPlus folding treadmill on our list. It allows you to have a healthy body without having to go to the gym or outside for a walk or a run. It has two distinct yet beneficial features.
One, that it is not noisy so it will not be annoying, you can peacefully exercise, also, it will not disturb people who are downstairs. Two, that it is very easy to operate.
Sometimes, people who are new to treadmills have a hard time using the different features offered. This machine has everything that is self-explanatory, you will not have any trouble with its operation.
- Product Dimensions: 46 x 20 x 30 inches
- High-quality motor drive system: This treadmill has a high-quality motor drive system that ensures stable operation. Due to this, it produces very low noise.
- Electronic display: The electronic display keeps track of your movement, speed, and calories and provides you real-time updates.
- Safety clip: There is a safety clip that can be connected to you and the treadmill to ensure safety.
Looking for a treadmill with high power so that you can do cardio? It’s true that not all treadmills are great for cardio because of the low power motor. But this treadmill right here by MaxKare is definitely high power.
It has an anti-shock system that absorbs shock and also provides you the needed support during workouts. Even though the motor is high power but it has a silent operation. It will certainly not be irritating.
This treadmill also has a foldable design so you will not have to worry much about it occupying your living space. With the wide width, you can comfortably exercise. We highly recommend this treadmill for your daily cardio.
- Shipping Weight: 104.8 pounds
- Rubber tread belt: The rubber tread belt makes running comfortable and along with it, it prevents your knees from damage.
- Stable design: The stable design of the treadmill decreases vibration and noise.
- Easy folding mechanism: This treadmill is foldable so you can put it away when you are not using it. It is very easy to fold and you can easily assemble it when you need to use it.
This treadmill by Miageek is available in four different colors including blue, gray, red and silver. It is great for burning calories and making your muscles stronger.
It has a pretty decent horsepower and is amazing for endurance training. It even has a holder for your phone so you can watch videos or talk on call.
It even has an easy to reach emergency switch that allows you to turn off the machine in case of an emergency. Also, the treadmill has cushioning on both of its sides so, the vibration and noise are both reduced.
It has advanced features and ensures the convenience of the user. Highly recommended!
- Shipping weight: 50 pounds
- Cushioning: The treadmill has cushioning on both sides so that you get a quiet and comfortable experience.
- Emergency switch: The emergency switch enables you to stop the treadmill immediately in case of an emergency.
- Foldable design: To store the treadmill easily, it has a foldable design.
At the eighth place, we have another treadmill by sunny health & fitness. It has a variety of phenomenal features that make it a great investment. It allows Bluetooth connectivity and along with that, it has an MP3 cord as well. Not many treadmills come with MP3 cords.
It is capable of monitoring your heart rate and also monitors speed, calories and even time. the digital monitor displays all the essential information.
The information displayed is real-time so that you remain aware of your performance. For all the convenient features that this treadmill provides, we highly recommend it.
- Product Dimensions: 64.5 x 28 x 50.5 inches
- Item Weight: 121 pounds
- Digital monitor: The digital monitor displays time, calories and speeds. It also offers twelve different workout programs.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth connectivity enables you to play your favorite workout music while you exercise. Also, you can play, pause or forward the song with the help of the display buttons.
- Handrail pulse sensors: The handrail pulse sensors keep a track of your heart rate.
The second last treadmill on our list is again by MaxKare. It has fifteen different preset programs so you can try different work outs.
Also, it keeps monitoring real-time data for each of your exercises and keeps you updated about your performance. The handrail allows you to have greater control, you can change the speed or stop the treadmill whenever you like.
The MaxKare treadmill belt is one of its kind, it is a multi-layer belt. It has anti-shock construction and protects your knees from injury. It even comes with a holder for your phone.
With the phone holder, you can easily watch your favorite movies or videos while working out. We highly recommend this treadmill for it affordable price and for its amazing functioning.
- Multi-layer running belt: The upper layer of the belt is made with elastic; the bottom layer is made with silicone and it ensures shock absorption.
- Quiet experience: Since the tread absorbs shock, reduces vibration and noise, it provides a quiet experience.
- Customized speed settings: You can adjust the speed of the treadmill according to the purpose of your exercise.
- Foldable design: Since the machine is foldable, it doesn’t occupy a lot of your space. You can easily put it away when you are done using it.
Lastly, we have another portable yet affordable treadmill by Sunny health and fitness. It has fifteen incline levels that allow you to achieve maximum burn.
The digital monitor keeps you updated with real-time information about your performance. The hand pulse sensors also monitor your heart rate.
It has 9 built-in workout programs that you can use for your daily workout without having to go outside. Also, it comes with a device holder so you can watch your favorite music videos while working out.
The amazing thing about this treadmill is that it prevents your knees from injuries. All those people who have been in search of an easy to operate yet affordable treadmill, you all definitely need to check this one out.
- Product Dimensions: 64 x 27 x 50.5 inches
- Item Weight: 112 pounds
- Digital Monitor: The easy to read digital monitor keeps you updated about your progress.
- Soft drop system: The soft drop system ensures that you fold the treadmill safely and hands-free.
- Pulse sensors: The pulse sensors monitor your heart rate.
For your ease, we did pick out the top 10 best treadmills under $500 but you must know how to buy a treadmill. So…
How to buy a treadmill?
Figure out your space and the size of treadmill:
First, you need to know how much space you have for your day to day workouts and what kind of exercise equipment you can keep.
Then specify the space for a treadmill, this way, you will be able to find the treadmill of the same dimensions. Ideally, you could take the measurements of your space and then look for a treadmill that fits in your space.
The coolest thing about the modern treadmills is that most of them are foldable. Once you fold them and put them away in the storage space, you will be able to avoid clutter in your living space.
The foldable treadmills are easier to transport and easy to assemble as well, so you will not have trouble moving the treadmill from one place to another.
Keep on thing in mind that some treadmills have a broader tread belt while others many have a narrower tread belt. The broader tread belt gives you more space so you are able to workout easily.
However, if you are skinny and short heighted then a treadmill with a narrow tread belt will be good enough for you.
Envision your treadmill workout:
Envisioning your treadmill workout is the most important! You must know whether you like relaxing walks or whether you want an intense workout session.
This is important because some treadmills have high power motors and other have low power motors. So, you have to pick out the one that you need and desire.
Secondly, treadmills have preset workouts or some of them offer Bluetooth connectivity and then you can access various workouts. The workouts are of different kinds, so make sure that you get a treadmill that has workouts most suitable to your body type.
Some people get treadmills for endurance training while others get it just to have a daily walk. So, make it certain that you know what kinds of workouts or exercises you will follow with your treadmill.
Set a budget:
In this article, we have set up a budget. All the treadmills that we have included in this article are under $500.
But you should still calculate your budget and see how much money you are able to invest in a treadmill.
Then, based on your budget you must decide the most suitable treadmill, in terms of your need and in terms of your budget too.
Compare and contrast different features:
Make sure that you compare and contrast different features of treadmills. There may be some treadmills that have features that you don’t necessarily need and then on the other hand you may see a treadmill that has all the features that you are looking for.
Even though all of the treadmills in our list are made for the same purpose but still they have huge differences among them. Some may have pulse sensors and some may not.
Some may have a device holder and some do not. So, make sure that you prioritize the features offered by treadmills.
Closely look at the tread mat:
Lastly, you need to have a closer look at the tread mat of the machine. The most important part of a treadmill is its tread mat.
It must be able to absorb shock, it should also provide support to your knees and prevent them from damage. Lastly, it should provide a stable operation so that the users have a quiet and comfortable experience.
Also, it is better if the tread mat has multi-layers instead of just one. Multi-layers provide increased support!
Now, let’s move onto Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), these will be even more helpful and will answer any other query that you may have relating to treadmills.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why get a treadmill when you can go for a run outside?
There are times when the weather outside is not suitable to go for a run outside. Also, there are some people who don’t want to leave the comfort of their houses for running so they do it at home.
One of the major reasons for having a treadmill at home is that it monitors the speed, time, and a number of calories burned along with other details. So, people get real-time information.
Most of the treadmills come with preset workouts that enable people to maintain a healthy body. Treadmills even allow people to tone their muscles.
Some people don’t want to stop watching their favorite videos to go for a run, so they can work out on a treadmill while watching their favorite show or music video.
How long should a treadmill last?
A treadmill should last for about seven to twelve years. The life of a treadmill really depends upon its durability and also on how it is used.
If treadmills are not used properly then obviously life will decrease. But on average, a treadmill should last for ten years. So, a treadmill is a great investment because it gives you ten years of fitness.
You may need to fix a thing or two during the period of 10 years but even then, the investment is surely worthwhile.
Are treadmills safe to use?
Yes, treadmills are safe to use and they have safety features as well. The safety features ensure the safety of the users. Rail extensions are one of the safety features.
Users can hold onto the rail extensions for support. This feature is great for the elderly and prevents them from tripping. Along with that the multi-layer tread mat also provides support to the knees and prevents them from damage.
Treadmills can put pure stress on the knees when you are running so some people might face pain.
However, if the treadmills are used for a certain period of time, and for specific workouts, no one should have issues with them.
Can elderly walk on treadmill?
Yes, the elderly can definitely use treadmill for exercise. The speed of the treadmill is adjustable.
By keeping the speed on low, the elderly can get their daily work out. This will keep them active and it will also maintain their weight.
Just make sure that appropriate speed is set for them.
The main focus is to help you find a suitable treadmill. Treadmills come in varying prices and with different features. So, to help you find a treadmill that functions amazingly and has an affordable price, we prepared a list of top 10 best treadmills under $500.
We tried to add brief but necessary information to this article and we hope that you will be able to pick out one treadmill for your home.
No more skipping workouts! Work out in the comfortable space of your home while enjoying your favorite work out music.